This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Sycamore Farm Park is situated on the East Coast of England, near the seaside towns on Skegness, Ingoldmells and Chapel St Leonards. Skegness and all the attractions that the seaside town has to offer is 5.1 miles away.
Sycamore is based in 14 acres of picturesque Lincolnshire countryside and is home to two well established fishing lakes, an onsite shop and small outdoor children’s play area. The site is based on predominantly flat ground, with even and level surfaces, all roads have been tarmacked to a high finish.
Everyone is welcome at Sycamore Farm park and we pride ourselves on having the best fishing, best accommodation and a fantastic holiday, all situated in a quiet, peaceful and rural setting.
The two lakes are available for fishing, are well stocked and offer and abundance of roach, Rudd, Tench and carp.
We cater for people looking to own a static home, touring caravans, motor homes and tents. We also have a hire fleet of caravans available to let and two fisherman’s holiday cottages. Our units have not been adapted to suit anyone with access needs. We are currently a 4 star park, rated by the quality and tourism board.
Our sole aim is make you stay with us as pleasurable as possible, and we welcome you to our very own ‘oasis of tranquility’
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01754810833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details of how to reach us please use the directions section of our website, alternatively you can use a journey planning website simply by entering your postcode and ours (PE24 5HN) to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Lumley Square in Skegness, Lincolnshire, and PE253QL. The train station had no car park, but does have a taxi rank. There is no direct bus route to Sycamore Farm Park. However there is a taxi rank and there are several taxis with 4 & 8 seaters with and are wheelchair friendly. North Shore Taxis – 01754764422. The train station is open Monday to Saturday 06.40-21.15. Sunday opening times 09.30-21.30. In winter times the booking office is open 13.30-19.30 on Sundays. Toilets and trolleys are available, as is a ramp to board the train. There is level access to the station and platforms and wheelchairs are available.
- You can call 01754810833 to request a brochure or visit the website www.sycamorefarm.net
- The main road leading the site is a narrow tarmacked road.
- Sycamore Farm Park is not on direct bus route and we do not offer a collection service
Car Parking and Arrival
- The park has one main entrance and the entire park is on even, smooth ground, with predominantly tarmacked roads and well laid out paths, with the exception of the grass ground are the area around the lakes.
- When entering the site the grass touring field is directly on the site, in front of the security barrier, you therefore have direct access straight onto the ‘rally field’.
- On the left hand side in front the security barrier is a car park, with a level, loose chipping surface. It has the capacity to hold up to six cars. This car park is only 60 yards away from the reception.
- To enter the rest of the site there is a security, fob operated, barrier. Between the hours of 9-4 a member of staff is available at reception to let you in, if you plan on arriving after this time please contact the office and we will arrange for a security fob to be left in the deposit box outside of reception for you.
- Security Fobs do require a £10 deposit.
- There are street lights throughout the park, and the reception has a light on the outside, making the park well-lit at night.
- Once inside the park there are two further car parks, one opposite the reception area with the capacity of holding a further 5 cars, and one next to the shower block that can hold 3. These car parks are both even, smooth and tarmacked.
- At the side of each letting fleet hire unit there is parking for one vehicle.
- There are no steps or ramps to the reception it is all one floor, and on an even surface.
- Flooring- Laminate wood floor
- The area is evenly and well-lit with overhead lighting
- There is a lowered section of check in desk
- Seating is available in reception
- We can show you to your pitch or Hired unit on request
- Sycamore Farm Park takes pride in showing guests to their accommodation, personally showing them around (on request) and familiarizing them with the appliances within the unit such as the central heating. We also discuss where the meeting point in case of an emergency is (main car park)
- Within each hire unit there is a welcome pack with emergency contact numbers, a brief guide to sycamore farm park and tourist information supplied.
- We have a rally field (grass) with 20 plots on an even field. In addition to this we have 9 seasonal hard standing plots and a further 4 lakeside hard standing plots available for hire. Parking is allowed beside your caravan or tent however on the rally field when the ground is wet we do prefer to limit this.
- All plots are numbered and clear, with white lettering/numbers and a green background.
- The Rally field offers electric hook-ups, access to the Elson Point, pot washing facility, launderette and toilet and shower block.
- The Hard standing pitches have access to all of the above with an additional individual water tap on each plot.
- Large dustbins for waste can be found near the shower block and these are emptied on a weekly basis.
- Pitches are allocated according to availability, customer preference, and customer’s budget. All staff are fully knowledgeable of the site and can advise customers of where is most suitable. We are always happy to help.
- Assistance with pitching is offered if necessary, subject to staff availability.
- There are two large pot washing sinks available at the shower block.
Caravan Holiday Homes & Chalets
- We have standard caravans, (suitable for pets) Luxury lakeside accommodation with central heating and double glazing and two fisherman’s cottages.
- Our two bedroom units consist of Holly Cottage, a two bedroom fisherman’s cottage. Please note this unit is basic and does not have ease of access, Our middle field standard two bedroom van is very homely and we recommend this unit for customers who wish to stay with pets, and finally our luxury two bedroom lakeside units consist of a 2014 swift burgundy with full veranda (3 steps leading up to veranda) and a 2014 Swift Soliel with side veranda (3 steps leading up to veranda)
- All of our units are self-catering, and our units are not suitable for people with access needs.
- We have 6 standard 3 bedroom 2015 Willerby Auroras available to let on our middle field, and 3 luxury lakeside caravans available, around either one of our lakes.
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- There is one toilet block located between the Rally field and Middle Field
- There is parking available opposite the toilet and shower block
- There are designated unisex accessible toilets available and key can be requested in reception.
- Sycamore farm parks Toilet and shower block offers lever taps, push button showers (that run on a token system) and under floor central heating.
- The floor and walls are tiled to a very high finish.
- There is a colour contrast in the accessible toilet with the toilet stand being white and the seat being blue.
- The launderette can be found in the same building as the toilet block and is clearly signed,
- It is open and spacious inside, with seating available.
- There is only one washing machine and one dryer and these are top loading.
- As in the rest of the building the area in tiled floor and walls, and is also well lit.
- There is a shop in the reception area where you can purchase a full range of fishing products and baits, as well as cleaning products and household essentials. This shares the same entrance and parking as reception
- The shop is level throughout.
- Staff are helpful and friendly and can assist where welcome.
Grounds and Garden
- The park is set in 14 acres of Lincolnshire countryside.
- The grounds are flat and even, however around the lakes there are dips in the grass.
- Paths and lakes are clearly sign posted
- Children’s play area is fenced and has a level wood chipped surface, there is seating available
- Seating is available throughout the park at regular intervals around the lakes and there are benches outside the shop and reception area.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs and a water bowl is available just outside the reception.
- All facilities are clearly signed in plain English and are easy to read.
- We have good phone signal in the area
- Our nearest hospital is Skegness hospital urgent care centre and the address is Dorothy Avenue, Skegness, Lincs PE252BS. Telephone-01754613504 It is a ten minute walk from the train station, has a pay and display car park and is open 24 hours a day.
- Local attractions include, Fantasy Island, coast field’s holiday village, Skegness banger racing and the Embassy theatre.
- We are considering introducing Wi-Fi to the park.
Address: Sycamore Farm Park, Chalk Lane, Burgh Le Marsh, Skegness, Lincolnshire, PE24 5HN
Grid Reference: TF51652 6627
Hours Of Operation: 7 DAYS A WEEK 9-4 (during season) (hours subject to change)
Local Equipment Hire: sea croft mobility-01754762916 Hoist Hire-02392784200
Local Accessible Taxi: Ricks north Shore Taxis – 01754764422
Four Spacious, accessible holiday accommodation units with oil powered under floor heating throughout, in the busy resort of Ingoldmells on the East Coast of Lincolnshire. All four units have three or four bedrooms, sleeping six or eight people in comfort, ceramic floor tiling throughout, wide doors, high level wc’s, wheelchair friendly kitchens. We have worked hard to make these units as accessible as possible to enable less-able visitors to enjoy their stay to the full.
At Ingoldale Park we like to speak to everyone who wishes to make a reservation with us. We do not have an on-line booking system, although we do publish all our prices on-line, and also keep an up to date late availability page. We welcome the opportunity to personally show you around our units prior to a booking being made, to make sure that it meets your needs and expectations. If you need to make a risk assessment, this would be the ideal opportunity. We are happy to talk to you face to face, on the telephone, and by email our website is user friendly and you can adjust print size to suit.
Ingoldale Park is on a bus route, the bus stop can be found at the Park entrance. The railway station is approximately four miles away in Skegness (our nearest town). There is also a taxi rank (with plenty of wheelchair friendly vehicles on stand-by) at the railway station. There are excellent taxi services available 24 hours a day, and telephone numbers – further details can be found either in your unit, or from Reception.
In Ingoldmells, and Skegness there is a retail shop called Sea croft Mobility which we recommend for the hire of mobility scooters for your holiday. They kindly deliver the scooter and collect it at the end of your stay at no extra charge. Their contact telephone number is 01754 762916.
There are Radar Toilets located over the village of Ingoldmells and the town of Skegness. If you do not have your Radar key with you we do have a spare key in Reception for you to borrow for the duration of your stay, however there will be a £5.00 deposit refundable on return of our key.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
Your unit has one designated parking space, with plenty of adjacent space for another vehicle or two. These parking spaces offer excellent all round access to your vehicle. If you need any assistance with luggage etc. from your vehicle to the unit, please ask at Reception as there is plenty of help available for you. The surface of our car park is tar and chip, there is a little loose gravel over the top, and it is largely level and easy on the feet and wheels. The units themselves have a wide level concrete path all the way around them, with a gentle ramp at both ends, and a good strong steel handrail on the ramps. There is a single, speed calming, sleeping policeman ramp on the entrance drive, to remind you to keep your speed to 5mph on the Park at all times. Our signage is clear, and when required, reflective. The Park, and the car park, and the path around the units are well lit at all times.
Main Entrance, Reception
Ingoldale Park has one main vehicular entrance. It is a steep slope, however, there is a pedestrian entrance – exit via a public footpath through an adjacent caravan park Kingfisher Park, onto Sea Lane, Ingoldmells is completely level for walking and wheelchairs. We always show guests with mobility problems how to find this access. It is not suitable for cars.
If you need assistance during any part of your stay, arrival or departure just call into Reception by phone or in person. Although we do not offer any personal care we are always willing to help with lifting – carrying of items such as luggage etc. If you cannot leave your vehicle unaided you just need to toot your car horn outside Reception to draw our attention to your arrival.
You are welcome to have two sets of keys for your holiday property.
Our external doors are wide width singles (87cm) with a small weather bar upstand of approximately 4mm. This does not cause problems for motorised or manual wheelchairs. There is a handrail on the outside wall of the unit, beside the door, so you are able to steady yourself if necessary, whilst you open your door during your holiday.
Reception is manned between the hours of 9.00 and 5.00 Monday to Saturday, and 9.00 till 2.30 on Sunday’s. Other times can be arranged by prior arrangement, there is also an emergency telephone displayed in your unit handbook, and on the door of Reception at all other times. We always recommend a 999 call in all emergencies. 112 from mobile phones.
There are DocM pack handrails in all accessible shower-rooms, fitted at standard heights. (Drop rail beside toilets etc.). These are pale cream – white in colour, and made of a rigid plastic material though the drop bars are metal.
Reception has a high level desk, but Staff are able to come around the desk to talk to our guests, Reception has a wide door (100cm), and a level, tiled floor, although there is a very shallow ramp externally to allow easy access for wheels of all kinds.
We do accept Service Dogs, by prior arrangement.
Sitting Rooms – Lounges –
The sitting room in the Apartments are all tiled floors with underfloor central heating, they have leather upholstered sofas and chairs in a variety of combinations, and all have at least one velour upholstered high seat single chair, there are a number of scatter cushions. More cushions and pillows are available on request if this would make you more comfortable during your stay. Blocks are also available to lift the height of the soft furnishings if requested. There is a TV with free – view, a DVD player and a remote control in all sittings areas, and several smaller televisions in the bedrooms. In the sitting room you will find a comprehensive Information Folder. Please do take time to read it and let us know if it has helped you.
There are no washing machine facilities in any of the units at Ingoldale Park, however launderette facilities are available on nearby Coastfields Holiday Park.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
All bedrooms at Ingoldale Park have hoist accessible beds. Each unit has one double bed, and all the remaining beds are 3ft singles arranged two per bedroom. Bed blocks available on request. All the beds can be moved, at least slightly, this will help with accessibility. One bed in each unit has a fully encapsulated mattress for guests with incontinence. There are no rugs in the bedrooms for safety reasons also no floor lamps in the bedrooms. There is at least one bedside lamp in each bedroom. There are some touch lamps.
Bathroom – Shower Room – WC –
Each unit has one accessible, level access shower room, with a shower, hand basin and high level toilet, and in addition, each unit also has a second toilet and hand basin in an en-suite room with a standard shower. In Somersby, Ashby and Roxby Apartments the en-suite toilet and basin is attached to the double bedded room. In Tumby Apartment the en-suite is attached to the twin bedded room. The shower rooms have excellent contrast wall tiling, a non – slip pimple finish floor, and lever taps at the basin and shower. There are hand rails – grab rails around the toilet and shower cubicle area. There is no door on the shower area, it is open fronted. There is a static shower chair with lifting arm. On request this can be replaced by a shower chair on wheels (two sizes available) which is also a commode chair – fitting over the toilet as it does. Roxby Apartment has a very large shower space, ideal for guests who need to be showered in the ‘prone’ position. Some guests bring an airbed for this purpose, and a shower bed would easily fit in the space available. It is important to mention this requirement when you make a reservation. We do not provide a commode bucket.
The kitchens are large light, and airy, with excellent lighting, including a spotlight bar. There is a larder fridge with a small freezer above. A stainless steel single drainer sink with clear under space access. Lever taps over the sink. There is a speaking microwave, a cordless kettle, an electric toaster and a hob and eye level single oven. Tumby and Ashby Apartments have a gas hob, the other two units have electric hobs. There is clear under space access beneath the hobs. The hob controls are on the edge nearest to you. There is no eye – level storage area. All storage can be accessed from a wheelchair. All the floor surfaces are under floor heated non-slip ceramic tiles. There are no rugs or lamps. The dining suites have at least 6 chairs arranged around an oval wooden dining table with a pedestal leg arrangement. There is a carver chair with arms in each unit if required. All wheelchairs can wheel up to the dining table with comfort.
We ask all guests to smoke outside perhaps on the patio area outside the double doors? Proof that a dog is an assistance dog will be required when the reservation is made. We ask that access around the unit for the assistance dog is limited as much as possible. Your own dog bed, and bowls would need to be provided. Because many of our guest suffer from severe allergies to pet dander and hair we can only allow assistance animals into one unit, this is The Ashby.
Local equipment hire companies:
Sea croft Mobility: 01754 762916
Some useful measurements for your information:-
External single door clear space: 87cm
External patio doors clear space in excess of: 105cm
All internal doors clear space: 90cm
Under hob clear space height: 64cm
Cooker floor to tiled floor height: 71cm
Worktop height to floor: 85cm
Dining table height: 74cm
High seat single chair seat height: 45cm
Leather sofa seat height: 36cm
Toilet height seat to tiled floor: 47cm
Width of shower aperture: 98cm
Hand basin top to floor: 81cm
Bed heights: 48cm
Low level clothes hanging rail set: 94cm
Bedroom vanity shelf height: 75cm
All electrical sockets are set at: 100cm
Each unit has a smoke alarm, fire extinguisher and fire blanket.
Please smoke outside.